Alayne's Tips For Amazing Skin
Posted on Jul 18, 2017 by Alayne White
- Always wash your face when you get home & (when) you change into comfy clothes.
- Be sure to always use a good cleanser and moisturizer. You will be married to these, so make sure you love them, the smell, the feel, the results.
- Don’t let hot water beat on your face in the shower, especially if you have sensitive skin or acne. this inflames the skin.
- Wear SPF daily. A tinted moisturizer is a great combo product, especially for the summer.
- Do not squeeze your skin (leave that to the experts, that would be us). Squeezing makes it ugly for ten days, leaving it alone makes it ugly for three, you decide.
- Dairy can be inflammatory, so if you’re prone to breakouts think about removing dairy from your diet.
- Watch your addiction to products, less is more. The latest greatest only works if you hhave already found the cleanser and moisturizer that has balanced your skin.
- Makeup should be an extension of your skincare routine, so high quality makeup – especially foundation – is super important.
- Give a product line at least 4 weeks to begin working and showing results (try not to overload your skin with too many products when you’re trying a new line – try to stagger them in starting with cleanser and moisturizer and then adding products as necessary, otherwise you won’t know what works or what doesn’t.) So often cleansing and moisturizing will be your best friend balancing your skin so that you may not need a boatload of others.
- Don’t jump around in product lines – find what you like and stay with it. It’s an old tale that you need to switch every few months or your skin will “get used to it.” What you probably need to do is just adjust products within the same line for different seasons.
- Smoking is the worst things for your skin. So is sugar, and processed foods, what you put in, defintely shows up on your face. Products can only do so much.
- Drinking alcohol and sunning will not help your skin (even though they are both so much fun and Alayne personally loves both as you can see by her tan skin in the video… we can’t all be perfect).
- Get regular skin treatments such as facials or peels, and become best friends with your skin expert. (that's us.).
- Try to keep your hands off your face – don’t rest your hand on your chin. That also includes making sure you have a clean pillow case, clean cell phone, clean desk phone, etc. especially if you are prone to breakouts in the chin area.
- Smile more and smile often. Catch your face when you are driving, and turn those corners of your mouth up, this is the best facelift ever.