Absolutely! Our makeup is an extension of our skin care and not only can you put it on, we put it on for you! Complimentary makeovers are included with every appointment (yes, even bikini and brow waxes).
That is your option but during all treatments you will be draped. Standards of draping are designed to ensure modesty and comfort for both the guest and practitioner.
Let's just say this is your first spa experience and you have not a clue what to expect. You may even be a little nervous or worried that you are not going to act all "spa-like" and what if you do something foolish?
First things first, not all spas are created equal in the welcoming department, but trust me, we rock in the make you feel all warm and fabuous department. We are even known for being so welcoming that some clients even feel comfortable enough to come in their PJS for their evening appointments!
Spas (at least alayne white spas) are here to help you feel beautiful and welcomed, like a guest in your home. Of course we want you to have great skin and great toes, but if you feel uncomfortable or awkward at all, your first experience may be your last and that is certainly not our goal. We want you to become addicted to us so you can't think of any place you would rather hang out to get away on a mini vacation.
TO SHAVE OR NOT TO SHAVE
- If you are having any body work or a pedicure or even one of our terrific facials, shave the night before your appointment if you need to shave at all. Most women get wigged out by the fact that they have stubble and are embarrassed. Honestly, we take care of hundreds of women and we are in fact women so we don't care if you have stubble at all, we don't even care if you have a week's worth of growth, trust us we won't tell a soul, we won't have candid camera come in and video you, we won't even talk about it at lunch time. We don't care. alayne white spas are here to TAKE CARE OF YOU whatever shape you are in.
- If you are a guy getting a facial, shave the night before as sometimes the exfoliating after a morning shave can be a little tingly.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Try to be comfortable. As far as I am concerned after any spa service, even waxing, the last thing I would want to do would be to put on nylons or a suit, dress in your jammies if you want to, but be comfy. alayne white spas are not the type of spas that are a fashion show, you don't need to wear all of your baubles and fancy clothes, you are fancy enough in yoga clothes. Of course if you want to get all dolled up, have a good time, but for the most part we all dress very relaxed so you don't feel like you have to dress up to come to a spa and then get undressed.
- If you have makeup on when you come in for any fac treatment, we take it off anyway so don't put it on special for us and frankly the less mascara, the better, it gives you more treatment time.
- You may want to bring a pair of sandals so your toes have plenty of time to dry especially of you need to "beat feet" out of here (pun totally intended). We do provide disposable flip flops, but in the winter they are sometimes not enough for the slippery slopes.
FOR BIKINI WAXING
- Please wear underwear that you do not care about. We like to think that we will never get a drop of wax on your undies, but there is always a possibility of it. No matter what type of bikini wax you are getting from us, please wear underwear, we like to use it as a guide for our waxing and it makes for a much better bikini wax.
- Please do not drink any alcohol.
- Please do not go in a tanning booth or the sun 3 days prior to the visit
- Please let us know if you are using any accutane or retin a or medically prescribed skin product
BEFORE YOU COME FOR ANY SERVICE
- Relax, we are filled with welcoming love and light. We do not judge and we do not make you feel anything but comfortable. We want you to come back often and if you feel the love the first time, you will want to come often, that is our mission.
- Leave most of your jewelery at home, you are going to have to take most of it off anyway and it just prevents forgetting it or losing it.
- Let us know if you are allergic to anything or sensitve to anything.
- TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONES, Really have we all become that important that we can't be unavailable for longer than 1 hour? What did our moms do when we were kids and there were no cell phones? Liberate yourself and turn off the cells, you owe yourself some alone time! Trust me the problems and the emergencies will be there and what are you going to do about them while you are laying on the table anyway except have the call ruin your whole experience.
- Please do not drink any alcohol.
- Please do not go in a tanning booth or the sun 3 days prior to the visit.
- Please let us know if you are using any accutane or retin a or medically prescribed skin product.
- Please do not come in with a sunburn.
- Do not come in if you are sick. We do have a cancellation policy, but we don't want you to come in sick and will not charge you if you need to cancel due to illness.
- Do not come in if you have a sick child at home because you are worried you will be charged for a last minute cancellation. We are reasonable and we are also moms and there is no way you will enjoy a much needed spa service if your babes are sick and you have to leave them with someone else.
Alayne White Spa - Bristol
259 Thames Street
Bristol, RI 02809
Directions to Bristol Spa »
Alayne White Spa - Providence
149 Elmgrove Avenue
Providence, RI 02906
Directions to Providence Spa »